IBM Developer Works Days 2012.
14 -15 Nov 2012
General Trends in Development
- The term “GUI” is promoted to “User Experience” !
- IDE’s and Technologies are trying to prove all the time that they are Agile oriented.
- Applications Should be seen as a Service not a product.
- Domain Specific Languages (DSL) are languages meant for non-developer application users to be able to perform activities on the system without developer involvement. I see it as one step forward from API’s but for users not developers. (just like how SQL was meant to be for databases).
- Mixed Environments , more that one technology (or programming language) in one application to provide a service.
- Mobile development is gaining ground and attention for accessing mobile B2C and B2B.
- Office-Automation using mobile applications for the corporate employees.
- BIG Data.
- There is still a lot of work for developers to do.