I had the privilege to attend JAZOON software development conference in Zurich. I heard a lot of buzzwords and jargon there about the new technologies of the software development. from the group of seminars and keynotes there I generated a picture about the perfect Enterprise application in the future. In this article I try to paint this picture.
- Multicore support.
- Actor design pattern.
- Using 2 or more databases one of which is an RDBMS for ACID and Transaction processing and the other is NOSQL for storing BigData and events.
- Using ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) for Asynchronous messaging among its distributed components.
- Using Map-Reduce model for distributing processing.
- Maybe involving Hadoop or similar frameworks.
- Has a simplified scripting language or what is known as a Domain Specific Language (DSL) for End-Users to be able to customize the application without the need for further developer’s involvement.
- Using Event-Sourcing as mechanism to log changes and transactions based on a frozen snapshot.
- It is probably coded with Scala for maximum utilization of concurrency.
- The Web-interface utilizes a boiler-plate framework for cross-client support PC, mobile and tablet.
Of course, if you are working in Telecom , then you must have seen these technologies slip into the operations department years ago !