Ever been in a situation where you are:
- Looking for a needle in a haystack ?
- Looking for a certain tree in the forest?
IT professionals are in such situations all the time when it comes to LOG files.
LOG files in this business are everywhere, in development, in testing and especially in production. You keep looking for error message and extract performance statistics from LOG files !
Well Regular Expressions is there to help you find your needle or tree. It is a unique way to find TEXT PATTERNS in single lines or paragraphs.
If the you are still reading this so far, then I got your attention. Please use my tutorial to learn about Regular expressions.
The slides in this Tutorial are prepared with certain considerations in Mind:
- They can be used as a tutorial for yourself and your colleagues in around 100 minutes .
- They could serve as a desktop quick guide for Regualr expressions.
You will find a complete list of my tutorials, here.
- Introduction to patterns and meta characters.
- Gradual explanation of complex patterns.
- Using RE in various platforms:
- Using Regular Expressions in perl, VBS and Oracle.
- Short guide to grep ,awk and sed.
- Greedy vs ungreedy.
A quick Flash version below:
Hope it is useful.