If your working environment has Linux or Unix systems in it, then you must have heard about vi the text editor.
Everything would be just faster if you could edit the text files in shell window with vi, rather than transfer them to a windows with (S)FTP –> Edit with notepad –> transfer back to *NIX.
Thats why I created the “vi tutorial”. find it in my Tutorials page.
I recommend you to have a look at the Regular Expressions tutorial also.
- Explains the two modes of operations in VI.
- Explains various commands and shortcut keys for text manipulation.
- How to search and replace efficiently with regular expressions with vi.
- Using vi in several work scenarios, for example fixing CR LF windows-to-*nix problem.
- Explains 3 copy/cut’n'paste techniques possible with vi.
- How to set up vi properly.
The slides where designed to serve as guided and unguided tutorial and serve as Quick desktop reference.
Find below a flash version of the tutorial: